Italy CJE Overview & Fees
Seminar with 30 Continuing Judicial Education credits
Seminar participants will earn at least 30 CJE credits, including a minimum of 8 ethics* credits.
Transportation, accommodations, and meals
- Ground transportation to and from Rome's Fiumicino Airport via a chartered bus. Departs Rome airport on April 11, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
- Seven nights at four-star Hotel Sovana
- Breakfast each morning, lunch every day, and dinner with wine three days
- Wine and appetizers welcome reception on the first night
Cultural and art experiences
- Three art sessions led by an Italian artist-in-residence Sergio Tamassia
- An excursion to Capalbio and Il Giardino dei Tarocchi (a sculpture garden created by Niki de Saint Phalle), and Porto Santo Stefano for a bountiful seafood lunch
- Two half-day excursions to visit the Etruscan Tombs and the breathtaking hill-towns of Pitigliano and Sorano.
Cost & Registration for Chief Justices
We hope to fill all 14 seminar seats with Chief Justices. Any remaining seats that are unclaimed by Chief Justices on September 1, 2018, will be made available to all judges at an additional fee.
The cost for the program, including accommodation and most meals, is a special Chief Justice rate of $4,400, plus airfare, if registered by September 1, 2018. If the seminar opens to the general judiciary or if a Chief Justice registers after September 1, fees increase to $4,550 for registration by December 1, 2018. Thereafter, the registration fee increases to $4,700.
- For significant others/guests, the cost is $1,950, plus airfare.
Registration fees do not include airfare to and from Italy.
Payment is due in full by January 15, 2019. We also offer a payment plan via credit card, debit card, or check, with a down payment of $500 required upon registration. Please contact our program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 398-4140 with questions.
As part of our mission, the Civility Center is pleased to offer a limited number of need-based fee reduction scholarships for all CLE/CJE programs.
Excursions and tastings
- Sovana Tour, Etruscan Tombs, and Sorano
- Pitigliano, "The Little Jerusalem" (shown above)
- Olive oil factory tour and tasting
- Sovana wine tasting
- Dinner at Il Tufo Allegro
Significant others and guests
Significant others, spouses, and guests are welcome to join the primary registrant. The guest registration fee includes a double occupancy room, breakfast and lunch each day, and all of the meals and excursions that are part of the seminar schedule. Additionally, guests have the option of joining the art experiences or participating in other activities.