Italy CLE Overview & Fees
Seminar with continuing legal and judicial education credits
Seminar participants will earn at least 30 Washington State CLE or CJE credits, including a minimum of 8 ethics* credits. If you are licensed in a state other than Washington, please let us know upon registration and we will apply for CLE/CJE credits in that state or provide you with the materials (detailed agenda, course materials, faculty bios) to apply on your own.
*In the state of Washington, bar members need 6 ethics credits every three-year reporting period and 2 ethics credits can carry over to the next reporting period.
Transportation, accommodations, and meals
- Ground transportation to and from Rome's Fiumicino Airport via a chartered bus. Departs Rome airport on April 22, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
- Eight nights at four-star Hotel Sovana (Deluxe Room) or the Hotel Scilla (Standard Room)
- Breakfast each morning, lunch six days, and dinner with wine two days
- Wine and appetizers welcome reception on the first night
Cultural and art experiences
- Three art sessions led by an Italian artist in residence Sergio Tamassia
- An excursion to Capalbio and Il Giardino dei Tarocchi (a sculpture garden created by Niki de Saint Phalle), and Porto Santo Stefano for a bountiful seafood lunch
Early-bird prices are available through January 12, 2018. Thereafter add $500 to all registration price points.
- Early-bird Primary Registration for Deluxe Room in the Hotel Sovana $3,950
- Early-bird Primary Registration for Standard Room in the Hotel Scilla $3,650
- Early-bird second lawyer (conference participant) sharing your room $3,450 (Deluxe Room) or $3,150 (Standard Room)
- Early-bird non-lawyer spouse, significant other, relative or friend sharing your Deluxe Room $1,850 or sharing your Standard Room $1,650
Registration fees do not include airfare to and from Italy.
*We require a minimum of 10 and accept a maximum of 15 participants. Please register early.*
Payment is due in full by January 15, 2018. We also offer a payment plan via credit card, debit card, or check, with a down payment of $500 required upon registration. Please contact our program manager at email@example.com or (206) 398-4140 with questions.
As part of our mission, the Civility Center is pleased to offer a limited number of need-based fee reduction scholarships for all CLE/CJE programs. Click here to download the scholarship application (or right-click and choose "Save As...").
Optional excursions and tastings
- Excursion to Etruscan Tombs $55
- Excursion to Pitigliano (shown above) $55
- Excursion to Sorano $55
Save and pay only $150 for all three of the excursions above!
- Olive oil factory tour and tasting (no fee)
- Sovana wine tasting $10
- Dinner at Il Tufo Allegro $65
Significant others and guests
Significant others, spouses, and guests are welcome to join the primary registrant. The guest registration fee includes a double occupancy room, breakfast each day, and all of the meals and excursions that are part of the seminar schedule. Additionally, guests have the option of joining the art experiences or participating in other activities.